I’m sure this a question that you are getting asked A LOT by friends and family. And often times the answer is, “Okay, thank you! I’ll be sure to keep you in mind.” But…for what? How can this person help you? There’s so many things that you could use help for, but in that moment, you can’t think of one. Well here are three things that you might not think about, but if someone does them for you, it will lighten your load A LOT.
- Someone to bring food for the bridal party for the day of breakast /lunch
- It is not uncommon for the bridal party and family to forget about eating on the day of the wedding. There’s just so much going on – eating doesn’t even cross their mind until they are eating a granola bar in between bridal shots. Don’t let this happen to you or your party, we don’t want anybody to be hangry on your wedding day ;). Have that eager helper bring lunch items for everyone, and any other food and drink you will want throughout the day. The only thing you should be worried about is making sure you and your dress get to the venue so you can start getting beautiful, let someone bring you food!
- Someone to bring the DIY décor and design elements, so you don’t have to!
- Don’t have a full car when you arrive on your wedding day. You will feel obligated to unload all the important design and décor items and put them in their place. Have someone from the rehearsal dinner take all those things and bring them the morning of or the night before! Let your friends help you. You have worked hard to get all the details together, now let someone else take over for you!
- Someone to help set linens, table settings, and décor. Have friends and fam that your day of coordinators can use to help with set up
- Wedding coordinators love setting tables and making sure the cake table, guest book table and gift table look perfect! If you have a family member or friend that has an eye for detail and wants to help, let them help your coordinators with this process. It will be special for them to know they helped you in this way, and you can know that they took part in making your day beautiful!
These are just a few of many things you can get help on, and once you start passing off duties to those who you trust and are eager, you will feel the load lift off your shoulders. We are super blessed by people in our lives who want to help in this way, so don’t be afraid to take them up on their generous offer!